Listing of current openings at Sow True Seed
Can you imagine a sustainable future made possible in part by small, local companies doing good things and employing good people?
We are seeking the right person to help envision and grow our small open-pollinated seed company while maintaining our core values of sustainability and food sovereignty. The ideal candidate combines the heart of an activist with well–honed management experience.
- Provide leadership and vision for the company in collaboration with the owner and in agreement with a triple bottom line ethic to balance profit, people and the planet.
- Oversee preparation of annual budget and provide fiscal leadership with an eye towards ensuring long term solvency.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of each department in a collaborative work environment.
- Oversee outreach, marketing and branding
- Personnel management including hiring, termination, performance review and compensation.
- Direct production activities to ensure a sustainable supply chain of high quality seeds and timely delivery
- Learning and implementing use of Dynamic Governance for consent-based circles and operational leadership shared throughout company
- Demonstrated management experience in a collaborative environment
- Understanding and agreement with Triple Bottom Line Economics.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage various projects at once
- Excellent and respectful listening and communication skills
- Flexible and creative problem solving ability
- Agricultural, gardening and/or seed saving experience preferred
- Sense of humor and enthusiasm for Sow True Seed!
Interviews to begin as soon as possible. Position begins in March, with flexible start date for the right candidate, salary DOE. At this time, we are regrettably unable to offer health benefits. If you are interested please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls please.