Sow True Seed is going to make a big move this year. We’re excited to reach out to local artists to help make it happen. We are planning to print packets with artistic botanical illustrations on them. This is a big step for a small seed company. We’ve always celebrated the beauty of gardening as well as its practical nature!
We are only illustrating the varieties that are sold on our retail racks. These racks are displayed in grocery and garden stores all over the state and the southeast. There are approximately 160 varieties and we are seeking around 30-50 artists to help us illustrate each individual variety (hopefully artists can take on sets, i.e. four varieties of Winter Squash). It’s going to be a little bit crazy, a lot of awesome and incredibly beautiful.
What We Need
- Artists who are willing to contribute approximately 1-5 designs
- Artists who are willing to work with their own inspiration (we want spontaneous variety – collage, watercolor, experimental, etc.), but also incorporate a botanical representation of the variety
What We Can Offer
- Your artwork printed on thousands of packets, displayed in high visibility areas (Your name will be printed on the packet: ‘Artwork by Artist‘)
- A biography on our website with pictures and links to other work
- Endless thanks and lots of excited promotion through all our media outlets
- A chance to be part of an awesome artist collaborative!
Interested in Contributing?
If you are interested in being a part of this project and you think you can provide what we need, we’d love to hear from you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information. Include either web-links or image attachments that best represent your style of art.
At this stage we are simply seeking potential interest.
We appreciate that art is valuable as it is the product of the artist’s time and skill. STS is unable to pay for contributions at this time, but we do intend to offer STS Gift Certificates to show our thanks. If you are a professional artist, then we fully understand why you may not be able to participate. We do commission artists for our annual catalog and other projects like our seed collection boxes, so we would love to stay in touch for future opportunities to work together. The packet art project is intended to be simple and fun. We are reaching out to people who may have spare time and energy to be part of something collaborative and beautiful. It could be a great portfolio piece for art students. Thank you!
Deadline for work samples: 28th February 2015