Brassica oleracea. Some forms of this amazingly diverse species are prized for their large leaves, others their swollen stems or clusters of unopened flower heads. Think broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, collards, kale, and kohlrabi. Known collectively as the brassicas, these descendants of a wild Mediterranean plant all thrive in cool temperatures. Fall is a particularly … Continue reading
A photo posted by Sow True Seed (@sowtrueseed) on
Like Us On Facebook
- Mizuna: a home run in the winter garden
- Fall garden surprise!
- Pumpkin Patch
- Cold-hardy Kale
- Fresh sprouts – from the great outdoors
- The Fall Garden – I’m Sold!
- Field Trip to Lettuce Land
- How to Grow Groundnuts (Apios americana)
- Blast Off Today for a Great Fall Garden
- 4th Annual WNC Garlic Fest, Oct 7 2017 Noon-6PM
Join Our Community