In order to successfully store the seeds you harvest, they must be cleaned thoroughly first. There are two categories of seed cleaning techniques based on whether the mature seeds are borne in wet structures or basically dry on the plant. Wet processing is a 3-step process used to clean seeds that are enclosed in the wet flesh of a fruit or berry. Tomatoes, cucumbers and muskmelons, are examples of crops that require wet processing. Dry processing is used for seeds harvested.....
… Continue reading
A photo posted by Sow True Seed (@sowtrueseed) on
Like Us On Facebook
- Starting Peppers and Eggplants from Seed
- The Seven Steps to Microgreen Success
- Pre-order Spring Seasonals
- The Joys of Arugula
- Growing Winter Kale
- Seed Cleaning Techniques for Seed Saving
- The Season of (seed) Giving is upon us!
- Fall Gardening Know How (Part III): Greens
- Fall Gardening Know How, Part II: Root Crops
- Fall Gardening Know How (Part I): Growing Brassicas
Join Our Community