Gypsum, calcium sulfate, is a type of limestone that is primarily comprised of calcium and sulfur. This sedimentary stone is found in abundance in many regions of the world. Gypsum deposits are the calciferous remains of ancient sea life from sulfuric water conditions. Our pelletized Gypsum is an excellent source of calcium containing 22% Calcium Oxide and 17% Sulfur. As a soil amendment gypsum helps to improve the structure of heavy clay soils and will increase the availability of calcium in soils yet with no effect on soil pH. Sulfur is especially important for quality factors in plants such as sugar content and flavors in food. Comes in a 5lb bag.
- 5-10 pounds per 100 ft2 of garden space
- 1/2 cup per cubic foot of potting soil
- Increases phosphorus availability
- Corrects mineral balance in the soil
- Long term improvement of specific element deficiencies
- Improves the cation exchange capacity
- Improves soil structure and drainage