Daffodil Bulbs will ship in October!
This beautiful mix contains at least 5 different varieties of daffodils that are selected for their potent and heady fragrance and to produce an extended and lengthy bloom time. A charming mix of large and small blossoms, with single and double blossoms blooming in early to late spring.
Daffodil mixtures look striking in mass plantings, and will naturalize for many years if the foliage is allowed to die back properly. They are an excellent choice for Southern plantings and are deer, rodent, and rabbit resistant. Recommended planting rate is 12 bulbs per square foot.
- All spring flowering bulbs must be planted in the Fall
- Soil temperatures must be 55 F or below to ensure proper root development
- The optimal planting time is when night-time temperatures hit 40-50 F
- The ideal soil pH level for bulbs is between 6 and 7
- Most bulbs require a minimum cold frame of 6 weeks to root properly
- Notable exception - Daffodils require no cooling
- All Daffodils contain the alkaloid lycorine which makes them unpalatable to deer and rodents
Gardener’s Notes: Plant bulbs 2 to 4 inches deep, pointy end up. Amend with compost and/or bone meal if your soil needs a little help. Mulch well for winter, and watch for leaf emergence in spring and peel back mulch to help if needed, bulbs will begin flowering the following fall. Bulbs will produce for 5 to 6 years, with the heaviest production around year 2. Planting rate of 12 bulbs per sq ft. Easy to grow.