Brassica oleracea. Some forms of this amazingly diverse species are prized for their large leaves, others their swollen stems or clusters of unopened flower heads. Think broccoli, Brussels sprout, cauliflower, collards, kale, and kohlrabi. Known collectively as the brassicas, these descendants of a wild Mediterranean plant all thrive in cool temperatures. Fall is a particularly … Continue reading
Harvest Photo Contest - win a $25 Sow True Seed gift certificate. Enter by uploading a Sow True Seed photo, hashtag #SowTrueSeed and hashtag the variety ie. #ladyslipper No limit to the number of entries. We'll pick a winner at random EVERY other Sunday all the way through September 2016. Looking forward to seeing what you're growing :-) #seedequalsfood
A photo posted by Sow True Seed (@sowtrueseed) on
Like Us On Facebook
- Fall Gardening Know How: Growing Brassicas
- Grow Your Own Fennel – it gets better all summer!
- July in the Garden: Harvest, Woes, Watering and Fall!
- Cooking with Elephant Garlic in the Kitchen
- Top six summer greens to grow in your garden
- Bee City USA Pollination Celebration Week – June 16-25th 2016
- Harvest Feast at The Orchard Inn
- June in the Garden
- Harvest Photo Contest – WIN a $25 Gift Certificate
- Sustainable School Food with Island Grown Schools
Join Our Community