Shipping and Handling Costs
Our website automatically calculates shipping costs based on weight, and zip code. If your order is under 1 lb you have the option of USPS First Class or USPS Priority. If your order is 1 lb or over it will be shipped USPS Priority, it can NOT be shipped USPS First Class. Return to Top
Shipping Policy / Delivery Policy
Orders with all items in stock will ship in 3-4 business days, plus transit time. During peak season (January - April) please allow extra time for your order to be fulfilled. We do NOT process orders on the weekend, if you place an order on Friday it will be processed on Monday.
All orders are shipped by the United States Postal Service, either USPS First Class or USPS Priority. USPS First Class (under 1 pound) transit time 5-6 business days. USPS Priority (1lb and over) transit time 2-3 business days. If your order is over 1 lb it will be shipped USPS Priority, it can NOT be shipped USPS First Class. All transit times varies by season. If you want to receive tracking information please provide an email when placing your order, tracking information is sent via email. If you require expedited shipping please call us at 828-254-0708.
Pre-Order/ Seasonal Items:
If your order contains a Pre-Order/ Seasonal item(s), example: Garlic, Shallots, Seed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, etc., they will be shipped during the season those items are available. If your order has both Pre-Order / Seasonal items and seed packets, cover crops, etc., Pre-Order items will NOT delay the other items in your order from being shipped.Those NON Pre-Order/ Seasonal items will be shipped within 3-4 business days, and the Pre-Order/ Seasonal items will ship out separately as they become available.
If you live near Asheville, North Carolina, and would like to pick up your order, instead of paying shipping, you can select local pick up when you are checking out. Please provide a phone number and (or) email address so we can contact you when your order is ready to pick up. Please allow 2-3 days to process local pick up orders during peak season (Januray-April). If you do NOT live in North Carolina, for example you live in Johnson City, Tennessee and would like to pick up your order instead of paying shipping, please put our address as the shipping address:
Sow True Seed 243 Haywood St, Asheville, NC 28801
If you do not use a North Carolina shipping address it will not allow you to select local pick up.
Return to Top
We rigorously test our seed three times a year through the NC Department of Agriculture to ensure that your seed will germinate and remain viable as long as it is stored correctly. We never sell seed that does not meet the Federal standards of germination. For quality control reasons, we regret that we cannot accept returns of seed, but if for any reason your seed does not germinate within the sell-by date, we will gladly replace the seed. We ask that you keep the LOT# from the seed packet so we can keep track of any complaints.
Return to Top
Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Return to Top
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit our site. We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the pages you visited. We will never sell your personally identifiable information to anyone, ever.
Return to Top
TERMS FOR IMAGE RIGHTS - these things always sound scary, but basically we enjoyed your photo and would love to use it so other people can see what our seeds can become! We'd love to do that without getting in trouble, so being that we live in a crazy world, here are a few terms:
If you agree to permit us to use the photograph, we will need you to agree to a few terms. The terms are as follows:
- I represent and warrant that I am the individual that submitted the referenced photograph (“Photograph”). Further, I confirm that any other individuals shown in the Photograph have agreed to be included and permitted me to agree to these terms on their behalf and agreed to the license granted here or that I am authorized to agree on their behalf.
- I represent and warrant that the Photograph is my own original work, and that the Photograph does not violate any law, regulation or any right of any third-party, including but not limited to rights of copyright, trademark, publicity and/or privacy.
- Further, I confirm that I am granting Sow True Seed, 146 Church St, Asheville NC 28801 a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, fully-paid license to edit, display, reproduce, modify, use, and distribute the Photograph (in whole or in part).
- To that end, I agree to indemnify Sow True Seed against any claims made by individuals pictured in the Photograph, any claims pertaining to copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property law violations, and any claims by individuals that may contest Sow True Seed’s right to use the Photograph as described above.
- I understand and agree that this is a complete RELEASE and DISCHARGE of all or any claims and rights that I may have against Sow True Seed and that no action will be taken by me or on my behalf with respect to any such rights, it being understood that this Release shall be binding upon my heirs, executors, and administrators.
Return to Top