Broccoli Salad Mix contains the following Organic Sprouting Seeds: Broccoli, Green Lentils, Adzuki. Organic Broccoli sprouts have very high levels of vitamins C and k, (among others) and the lentils and adzuki beans are high in nutrients and proteins. Pair that with great taste and satisfying texture, and this may become your new favorite sprouting mix! – 125 grams/4.4 ounces
How to Sprout Seeds in a Jar
- Start with one tablespoon of small seed or ¼ cup of a larger bean seed and see how that amount works for you.
- Do not make more than you can eat in 3 days.
- Soak for 8 to 12 hours in 4 parts warm water to 1 part seed.
- Drain off the soaking water and rinse seeds well.
- Set jar at an angle to allow water to drip out, while allowing air to circulate into the jar. A dish drain rack works great for this.
- Rinse and drain your sprouting seeds 3 to 4 times a day until they have reached your preferred length, 1 to 2 inches is a good size to start with. This will generally happen in 3 to 4 days.
- While growing, keep your jar at room temperature and out of direct sunlight.
- Rinse hulls to prevent fermentation by immersing in a large bowl of cool water and swirling your sprouts around. Hulls will float to the surface and you can skim them off. Hulls can also be left and eaten, as they are high in fiber.