The Rapitest Soil Test Kit is designed for simplicity of use and accuracy. The soil test kit contains 4 specially designed color comparators – one each for pH (Green), Nitrogen (Purple), Phosphorus (Blue) and Potassium/Potash (Orange). Each comparator has a removable film color chart and color coded top. Capsules needed for each test are also color coded.
Luster Leaf Rapitest Soil Test Kit includes:
- 4 color-coded comparators.
- 40 test capsules, 10 each for pH, nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus.
- Water dropper for accurate filling of testers.
- Instructions for adjusting soil pH.
- Fertilization guidelines and pH preference list for over 450 plants.
Why test my soil?
Understanding the health of your soil will help you determine the most economical and efficient way to improve its quality and health. The key macronutrients – Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium (N, P & K) – are the essential nutritional building blocks for all plants. In order to optimize your plants health there needs to be a balance of these minerals in your soil.
When should I test?
While periodic testing throughout the growing season is recommended, it is crucial to test your soil before planting in Spring and when preparing beds in Fall.